Economic Support

Door County Economic Support is part of the Bay Lake Consortium

Who Do We Serve?

Eligible recipients residing in Door County who fall within the guidelines of Federal and State regulations. Low income individuals or families with basic living and health care needs. 

Examples of Services Provided - click below for more information

To apply for FoodShare, Medical Assistance, Badgercare, WI Shares Childcare Online:

Information About the Affordable Care Act or Call 1-800-318-2596 (TTY) 1-855-889-4325)
The following can be done online and/or by phone:

  • Apply for benefits
  • Report changes
  • Ask questions
  • Make an appointment.
  • LOBBY SERVICES – in person assistance for any of these programs
  • CALL /CHANGE CENTER: The following can be done by phone:
    1-888-794-5747 (Toll Free) - Apply for benefits- Report changes - Ask questions -Make an appointment.
  • ONLINE : The following can be done online: Apply for Benefits - Check you benefits - Renew your benefits
  • FAX proof/verification documents: 1-855-293-1822 ( Toll Free)
  • MAIL verification documents to: CDPU PO Box 5234 Janesville WI 53547-5234

Wisconsin Home Energy Assistance Program (WHEAP) - Effective Aug 1, 2021

Door County Health and Human Services will no longer be administering the Wisconsin Home Energy Assistance Program (WHEAP) in the upcoming heating season.  Energy Services for Door County will be the agency to contact as of August 1, 2021.  All applications, forms, appointments and questions should be referred to Energy Services. They are located at 101 N. 4th Avenue Suite 108, Sturgeon Bay, WI. The telephone number is 920-818-0456. 

 To apply for energy assistance for the upcoming season, please contact your local agency at         800-506-5596 from October 1, 2021 to May 15, 2022.  

For more information on the Energy Assistance Program visit

Nondiscrimination Information