The job of public health is building healthy communities. A healthy community requires more than medical care. It requires protection from dangers that can threaten the health of the entire population. It requires good information about the nature, magnitude and causes of health problems. It requires education about what individuals and the community can do to reduce health risks. A healthy community assures an environment in which its members can safely work and play.
Prevent. Promote. Protect. Working together to support the health and well-being of out community.
To be trusted to lead the way to a safe, vibrant, and healthy community for all.
- To continually assess community health needs in order to establish and maintain programs
- To provide health education for the promotion of healthy lifestyles
- To coordinate and provide immunization services to decrease vaccine preventable disease
- To prevent and control the occurrence of communicable disease through investigation, counseling, and education
- To strengthen families through health education and the provision of maternal/child health services
- To establish and maintain working partnerships with other agencies to improve the health of the community
- To provide a broad range of school health services including screening programs, educational resources, consultations, and referrals
- To implement program evaluation methods to assure program effectiveness
We aim to improve the health of our community with:
Responsiveness - We adapt our response to meet the challenges in our community's health, the environment, and in emergencies.
Compassion - We approach every interaction with compassion and strive to offer the highest quality of service.
Integrity - We aim to be a trusted and committed resource by being respectful, accountable, and confidential.
Equity - Through education and advocacy, we help our community overcome barriers to health so everyone has the opportunity to reach their fullest potential.
Collaboration - We continually assess community health needs and partner with local agencies to identify and address those needs.