Door County Public Health is pleased to offer a car seat installation/inspection program beginning in March of 2023!
Our monthly Car Seat Checkups will be held on the fourth Thursday of each month inside the maintenance garage at the Government Center. This is a free service for Door County residents provided by a Certified Child Passenger Safety Technician from Door County Public Health.
Your 30-minute appointment will include:
- Consultation from a Certified Child Passenger Safety Technician
- Car seat inspection to ensure proper fit for your child
- Recall check to verify your seat is safe for use
- Hands-on training to properly install your car seat in your vehicle
- Hands-on training to properly harness your child in the car seat
- Education on next steps, including when it's time for a new car seat or seat position
A separate appointment is required for each seat needing installation/inspection.
It is recommended, but not required, to have all children who use a car seat present at the appointment. Arriving with all children fastened into their car seats allows for the most thorough car seat check and education.
We ask that you please bring your vehicle manual AND car seat manual(s) to the appointment, if available.